NETO Race 5 Results – July 5, 2020 – Island Dragway
After 4 canceled races due to Covid-19, we ran our 5th race at Island Dragway on a very hot and very humid sunny day.
I would like to thank everyone for their co-operation with the new sign-in procedure (wearing masks, using hand-sanitizer and not filling out your own ladder). It went pretty smoothly for the first time and drivers were patient with the process.
Just a reminder that drivers need to check in and draw their number before the 2nd time trial. Per the rules we wait 10 minutes after the 2nd time trial to set the ladder. It isn’t fair to the other racers who need to get their cars ready, if they have to wait for the ladder to be redone.
For the Comp class we had 9 racers sign in.
- Mike Grafas has a new car this year and was the winner in his silver ’63 Corvette.
- Mike Petrole was the runner up in his yellow dragster.
- Vinny Laurita, Sr had the best reaction time in the Comp class at .005
For the Nostalgia class we had 19 racers sign in, although one broke before first round.
- Lou Tarascio was the winner in his blue ’68 Camaro
- New member Tyler Segura was the runner up in his blue & white ’63 Plymouth Fury
- Lou Tarascio had the best reaction time in Nostalgia class at .014
Bob Spencer won $90.00 on the 50-50. The ticket was drawn by Patti Weaver.
Welcome to new members:
- Tyler Segura – blue & white ’63 Plymouth Fury
- Ralph Ferraro – dragster frame w. ’47 Ford truck body “Heavy Metal”
- Gerald Kastner – black ’75 Mustang II
- Tom Corcoran – white ’77 Chevy Nova
- All ran their 1st NETO race on Sunday in Nostalgia class.