NETO Race 10/11 Results – August 3/4, 2019 – Island Dragway
RACE 10 – August 3, 2019
Race #10 was run on Saturday, August 3, 2019 at Island Dragway It was a hot day and this was our race for the Wally. Race #10 was sponsored by Mt Kisco Chevrolet-Cadillac.
Thanks to Rich Head and Lou Tarascio for helping to set up the sign in tent.
We had 10 racers sign in for the Comp class and 9 racers sign in for Nostaglia class for a total of 19.
- Comp class winner was our president Brian English in his ’69 orange Chevy Camaro.
- Comp class runner up was Mike Grafas in his ’75 burgundy Chevy Vega.
No one from Comp class turned in a reaction time for an extra 25 points.
- Our Nostalgia class winner was Frank “Taco” Martinez in his blue Ford Maverick.
- Our Nostalgia class runner up was Lou Tarascio in his blue ’68 Chevy Camaro.
Lou also had the best reaction time with a .000! We also had a .001 and a .002 turned in from Nostalgia class racers.
The Saturday 50-50 was won by Roger Wright. The ticket was drawn by Al Zimbaldi.
Welcome to new Comp class member Alberto Cruz. He has a brown altered.
This year the Wally Race was run on the pro tree(we alternate pro and sportsman trees). Brian English won an exciting race over Frank “Taco” Martinez. This was Brian’s third win in the six years that we have run for the Wally. The other 3 years were won by the Nostalgia class racers.
RACE 11 – August 4, 2019
Race #11 was run on Sunday, August 4, 2019. It was another hot day, and was sponsored by Roger S. Wright Furniture, Ltd. It was the 59th Anniversary Funny Car Throwdown for Island Dragway.
We had 9 Comp class racers and 17 Nostalgia class racers sign in for a total of 26. The announcer said that we were the largest group.
- Comp class winner was Brian English in his ’69 orange Chevy Camaro
- Comp class runner up was Mike Grafas in his ’75 burgundy Chevy Vega for a repeat of our Saturday final!
Brian also had the best turned in reaction time of .054
- Nostalgia class winner was Ged Diemer in his ’72 Ford Maverick
- Nostalgia class runner up as Christian Huebner in his ’62 Ford Grocery Getter wagon
Rich Head had the best turned in reaction time of .012
The 50-50 was won by Bill Spencer. The ticket was drawn by Bill Turner.
Welcome to new Comp class member Andrew Miller. He has a rear end dragster.
The best 8 races plus sign in points are now starting to take effect. See the Points Standings page for the current standings.